Post Rules are used to define rules for hiding, appending and replacing content for posts based on the selected logical rule. Below are the post rule feature.
- Hide posts.
- Replace post content.
- Generate “Shortcode” for dynamic content.
- Append content to the top/bottom of the post. we can also include html tags in dynamic content, more one the supported tags.
- Append dynamic image of different sizes to the top/bottom of the post.
- Append dynamic content with image background.
- Append dynamic content at any location using generated “Shortcode“.
- Show dynamic modal dialog with dynamic content.
- Show dynamic image as modal dialog.
- Show modal dialog with dynamic content and image background.
- Excludes hidden posts from search.
- Activate or Deactivate post rule.
Leveraging logical rules:
Post rules leverages logical rules, it mean we can use the logical rules for defining post rules. Below are the few real time use case of leveraging the logical rules for post rules.
- Posts by Role: You might be having a common use case of hiding some posts for a specific role in such case define a logical rule using “User Role” criteria and use it in post rule.
- Hide Posts from Guest User : One more common common use case of hiding some posts from Guest user(Not logged in User) and these posts should be available for logged in user, in such cases define a rule using “User Profile” criteria.
- Simple Ad Manager: Post rule defined with images will act like a simple Ad manager. Using Post rule we can use an Ad image with a logical rule defined with Date/Post/Geographic location etc to show image Ad on respective Posts.
- Posts by Date and Time: There might be situation where you might be interested in showing special posts like “New Year” or “Christmas” or “Year End Sales” discounts post and these post should be available for only few days or months, in such cases define a Logical rule using “Date and Time” criteria.
You can use Date, Time, Day of Week and Month sub criteria to further refine the rule.
- Posts by Geo Location (Continent, Country, City and Region): If you want to hide or append information for request which are coming from a specific geographic location country or continent then define a logical rule using “Geo Location” Criteria.
- Show Greetings or Important messages: If you want to show some greetings or important message such as new year wishes or festival wishes using the modal dialog. In such cases create a logical rule with “Date and Time” Criteria in Post Rule select Action as “Append Image to Post / Append content to Post / Append content with image background”. Location can be selected a popup message or inline message. See demos for more information.
Using rules engine we can define lot more simple and complex rules
Simple User Cases:
- Posts by User Id.
- Posts by Request URL.
- Posts by Date, Time, Month and Day of the week.
- Posts by Tablet.
- Posts by Mobile.
- Posts by Country, City and Region.
- Post by device iphone, blackberry and more…
Complex Use Cases :
Define complex rule using logical “and” “or” and “brackets”
- Posts by User Role and Date and Time
- Posts by User Role and Geo location
- Posts by User Role, Geo location and Date and Time
- Posts by User Role, Geo location, Device and Date and Time
- Posts by User Role, Geo location, Device or Request URL and Date and Time and More …
“It’s the beauty of rules engine by which we can define more and more complex rule without coding.”